Ensures efficient processing and consistent
The FMP™, Farrel Melt Pump is effective for processing multiple polymers.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE)
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) / Polyethylene (PE) Copolymers
The FMP™ provides melt pressurization with minimal temperature increase and efficiency resulting from positive displacement, minimal backflow and limited energy dissipation. The FMP™, Farrel Melt Pump is connected directly to the finishing reactor flange for a “hot melt” discharge or an FCM™, Farrel Continuous Mixer for a granular or powder reactor discharge. The side discharge FMP™ maintains the rheological properties of the polymer, assuring consistency in physical characteristics.
FMP™ Key Features Include:
- A custom-designed inlet flange of the polymer melt pump housing distributes the polymer melt over two intermeshing gears.
- Tangential feed pockets force the polymer melt into the tooth cavities and the intermeshing, high precision gears carry the polymer melt along the periphery of the housing bores.
- Where the gears intermesh, the polymer is squeezed from the gear tooth cavities. Because of close tolerances, high volumetric efficiency can be maintained over wide ranges of pressure and temperature.
- Double helical gears offer pulse-free operation.
- Gear shaft journals are supported by sleeve bearings lubricated by polymer melt and tapped from the high-pressure discharge. The polymer lubricant is collected on the opposite ends of the bearings and returned internally to the suction side of the FMP™, Farrel Melt Pump.
- For standard polymer finishing line applications, the FMP™ employs a single drive shaft connected to a variable speed motor and gearbox. With this arrangement, the driven gear shaft turns the idler gear in the pump housing.
- For high-viscosity applications, both shafts are driven.
FMP™ Farrel Melt Pump Capacities
|Nominal Production Rates
|Maximum Production Rates
*All production rates should be factory verified.